Threading is an ancient hair removal technique where antibacterial cotton is used in a special method to remove facial hair and shape beautiful eyebrows. An accredited threading artist twists the cotton and rolls this over the skin, to gently lift the entire hair from the follicle.
Most people don’t realize every time they wax they remove layers of skin and some people can be red for days. The redness is caused not only by this skin damage but in some cases a reaction to the chemicals that are in the wax. Threading is therefore a great alternative and helps protect the facial skin whilst still providing hair removal.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
An accredited threading artist twists the cotton and rolls this over the skin in a special method, to gently lift the entire hair from the follicle. Threading removes the entire hair from the follicle, leaving smooth skin that can last up to 4-6 weeks. Perfect for eyebrows and other facial hair removal.
DOES IT HURT?
Once you try it you will realize it is nothing like you would expect. Most of our clients say it is really relaxing-have you ever been relaxed during hair removal? Some areas of the face like the lip area can be more sensitive but generally most clients think it is quite pleasant and are very surprised.
WHAT PRODUCTS ARE USED?
The only product used for the hair removal is a 100% natural antibacterial threading cotton, a talc free powder is applied before the service and an aloe Vera gel afterwards if required. No chemicals, toxins or artificial substances are used.
These are numerous-here being our top 5!
- 100% naturalhair removal method as no waxes or chemicals are applied to skin.
- Threading, the ‘Get Threaded’ way is less painfulthan other hair removal methods and traditional threading. We have spent years on perfecting the technique to ensure it is as pain free as possible.
- Incredibly accurate! Hair can be removed individually or in ‘lines’ to create a perfect shape for the eyebrows. It picks up all the hair on the surface even really fine and short hair can also be removed. It is ideal for hormonal hair too!
- Threading has less adverse effectsand will not burn, cause trauma or allergic reactions to the skin like other hair removal methods. The skin usually doesn’t turn bright red as skin layers are not being removed and as there is little irritation to the area it is possible to go over the area more than once.
- Threading is a suitable alternative hair removal treatmentfor client’s that are using acne treatments or have been asked to avoid waxing as the technique does not damage the skin and only removes the unwanted hair.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON SERVICES FOR THREADING?
Women: Full face, eyebrows, sides of face, chin, lip, forehead.
Men: Eyebrows….we call them ‘guy brows’.
I HAVE BEEN TOLD I CANNOT WAX, CAN I HAVE THREADING?
There are a variety of reasons why people cannot wax with one of these reasons being they are on acne medication or creams. With approval from your skin specialist or doctor you are usually able to have threading procedures performed as you are not doing any damage to the skins surface.
I’VE TRIED THREADING BEFORE AND I DID NOT LIKE IT?
Thetechnique is less painful and is based on traditional Indian eyebrow threading techniques but has been perfected in various ways. Our Technicians know not one but three different techniques and only use antibacterial threading cotton which makes a big difference in the service. They are also trained with specialty ‘eyebrow expert’ knowledge on how to shape an eyebrow according to your face and eye shape and use specialty shaping tools for this service.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET DONE?
- Eyebrow Threading takes approx. 10-15 minutes depending if a total shape is required
- Lip, Chin or Forehead Threading 5 minutes
- Sides of Face Threading 10-15 minutes
- Full Face Threading 30-40 minutes
- GuyBrows (Threading/ Shaping for Men) 5 minutes