You have probably heard of henna tattooing but are more than likely thinking (as we were) of the body art that temporarily stains your skin without the life-long commitment of a permanent tattoo. And while you are right- Henna tattooing has been around since Ancient Egyptian times, used to dye everything from hair, to materials and skin- we are now talking about it in relation to beauty and more specifically, brows. Don’t be scared though.
It’s simply a temporary brow stain, but one that results in a natural, fuller brow. Henna not only stains the hair but also the skin. we can create a whole new shape, fill in gaps or just enhance your natural bow. Henna stain can match the natural colour of your hairs or can go shades darker depending on your requirements. The benefits of henna is it can last 4-6 weeks compared to tinting which only lasts 2-3 weeks. Have henna on its own or treat yourself to our HD eyebrow makeover which includes eyebrow threading or waxing, henna then finishing with eyebrow powder and highlighter and a lesson on how to perfect your brows away from the salon. Your brows will be on point when you leave the salon.
After-care and Maintenance
- Do not touch or rub your eyes, eyebrows immediately after the treatment
- If redness or irritation occurs, apply a damp, cool compress to the area. If symptoms continue more than 24 hours seek medical advice
- The effects of the henna start to diminish within 4-6 weeks as hair grows out and the henna colour fades Strong sunlight/UV light can make the henna fade faster
- Avoid washing your eyebrows or swimming for 24 hours as this can cause the henna to fade. Avoid exfoliating facial cleansers. Those containing AHA’s or containing another chemical exfoliates may decrease the life of your henna. A gentle oil-free cleanser is recommended
- Do not apply makeup or mascara to eyebrows or receive any other eye treatments for at least 24 hours after the henna treatment
- You can receive henna brow procedures every 2-6 weeks as desired
- If you have any questions about your after-care and maintenance contact your beauty technician